Above ground pools are awesomely convenient and less of an ownership headache than in-ground pools can be. That being said, you still want to be sure you are choosing from the best above ground pool filters to keep the water clean, clear, and swimmable.
The filter is very important for above ground pools because these pools tend to collect a good amount of natural debris. Also, above ground pools generally have less filtering occurring than in-ground pools with their multiple vents and filter spots, which is why a strong, proven filter is paramount to your summer fun.
We’ve analyzed features such as flow rate, sturdiness, power, etc. to create a comprehensive list of above ground pool filters. By comparing and reviewing the products with one another, we’ve crafted a detailed review list in the hope that it helps you find the best filter system for above ground pools.
- 1 Our Recommended Above Ground Pool Filters
- 2 10 Best Above Ground Pool Filters:
- 2.1 1. Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump for Above Ground Pools, 16-inch, 110-120V with GFCI
- 2.2 2. Harris H1572730 ProForce 1.5 HP Above Ground Pool Pump 115V
- 2.3 3. Hayward W3SP1580X15 Power Flo Pool Pump, 1.5 HP
- 2.4 4. Intex 28633EG Krystal Clear Cartridge Filter Pump for Above Ground Pools
- 2.5 5. Hayward CC15093S XStream 1.5 HP Above-Ground Pool Filter Pump System
- 2.6 6. Hayward SP15932S PowerFlo Matrix 1.5 HP Dual-Speed Above-Ground Swimming Pool Pump
- 2.7 7. Blue Wave NE6171B Maxi Replacement Pump for Above Ground Pools
- 2.8 8. Sand Master Soft Sided Above Ground Pool Sand Filter System
- 2.9 9. Intex Krystal Clear Cartridge Filter Pump for Above Ground Pools
- 2.10 10. Happybuy Swimming Pool Pump 2.5HP 1850W Above Ground Swimming Pool Pump
- 3 Tips on Choosing Above Ground Pool Filter
- 4 Factors To Consider When Buying the Best Above Ground Pool Filter
- 5 Conclusion
Our Recommended Above Ground Pool Filters
- Our Rating:
- Specially designed for above ground pools
Built-in ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) with integrated safety shut-off
24 Hour timer
Pump flow rate: 3,000 gph
- Our Rating:
- Advanced engineering provides high efficiency and minimal noise
Meets or exceeds all CSA and ETL requirements
Standard three-prong plug connection on a 3 foot cord
- Our Rating:
- The Hayward SP1580X15 PowerFlo LX pump with strainer is a high-performance pump designed for above-ground and on-ground pools
Clear cover lets you see when basket needs cleaning and the drain plug allows for easy maintenance of pump
120-volt power cord
The 100-percent drip proof, heat-resistant double-sized seal allows for long motor life
10 Best Above Ground Pool Filters:
In conclusion, the best above ground pool filter system is the one that cleans your pool in the manner you’d like. Of course, the filter has to meet certain requirements to properly function on your pool, but which filter that is is largely up to you.
By creating this list and reviewing the top-notch products on the market, we hope to have lessened the workload of finding the right filter or pump system for your pool.
These above ground pool filter reviews are intended to make that process an easy one for you so that you can get back to enjoying the pool instead of maintaining it.
With the swimming season here and the hot summer months all but around the corner, it’s just about that time to get a new filter, pump, or an entire system if you haven’t already. Using these reviews as a guide, be prepared for the summer heat by buying a new filter system today!