Swimming and playing in pools is one of the most enjoyed past times of the spring and summer seasons. The best kiddie pools allow young children to partake in the fun in a safe environment. Kiddie pools also allow children to get familiar with swimming-related activity and prepare them for the next step.
Kiddie pools aid kids in working on their balance, strength, coordination, learning and social skills.
All children are unique in their own right and have their own preferences as they relate to kiddie pools. We’ve analyzed kiddie pools and compared things such as materials, type of environment, etc. to create a list of top kiddie pools out there.
Some pools are more playful and imaginative, like our top pick Intex Ocean Inflatable Play Center, while others are straightforward, round pools.
- 1 Top 10 Best Kiddie Pool Reviews
- 1.1 Intex Ocean Inflatable Play Center
- 1.2 Dinoland Inflatable Play Center
- 1.3 Step2 Play and Shade Pool
- 1.4 Intex Mystic Unicorn Inflatable Spray Pool
- 1.5 Intex Whale Spray Pool
- 1.6 Intex Snorkel Buddies Snapset Pool
- 1.7 Intex Sun Shade Inflatable Pool
- 1.8 Coconut Float’s Inflatable Kiddie Pools
- 1.9 INTEX Inflatable Kids Rainbow Ring Water Play Center
- 1.10 Gamie Duck Pond Matching Game for Kids Includes 20 Ducks with Numbers & Shapes and 3” x 6” Inflatable Pool
- 2 Tips on Choosing the Best Pool
- 3 Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Kiddie Pool
- 4 Kiddie Pool FAQs
- 5 Summary
Top 10 Best Kiddie Pool Reviews
The Intex Ocean Inflatable Play Center is the best inflatable kiddie pool.
It is durable, has plenty of extra features and is the best pool with a slide.
This is a double pool. There is a larger wading area for kids to splash and play.
The smaller pool area is ideal for kids under age one who need to get used to the water.
In the wading area, there is room for adults to stand around and interact with their children.
This pool is fully inflatable. This makes it easy to get it ready.
It does not take much water, so you can have it set up and ready for kids within a few hours.
This small kiddie pool with a slide will ensure that small children remain occupied for hours.
The slide on this pool is wide so that kids can slide down it with easy.
There are ring toss features so that kids can work on their motor skills while enjoying the water.
This is an inflatable pool and all of the features inflate.
The dino arch moves and sprays water once you connect it to a standard garden hose.
You can easily control how much water is in the wading area.
There is enough space in the wading area for two small children to play.
This pool has a slide, spraying water, and a wading area. This makes it easy for kids to have plenty to keep themselves busy when they are playing outside.
This allows your kids to enjoy the water without having to worry about a sunburn.
This is a durable plastic pool that has some cups and a water wheel that spins.
It is ideal for kids who are under three years old.
There is enough water for kids to splash in, but not too much water.
You can fill the pool in approximately one hour.
The shade that the umbrella provides ensures safety from the sun for kids.
The umbrella attaches easily, and you can remove it when you are cleaning the pool.
The molded features help to keep kids safe and comfortable when they are in the pool.
This is the best hard plastic kiddie pool because it is strong and durable. There is enough space for two small children.
It is a simple pool that is an idea for small spaces.
If you have a small child or one that does not love the water, this is an ideal pool.
It sprays water so that they are not sitting in a lot of it.
You attach the hose to the sprayer spout so that the water sprays.
This is an inflatable pool. It does not take long to get it ready to use.
Since you do not have to add water, as soon as you inflate it and connect your hose, it is ready to use.
This pool comes in a fun shape for small children. It is one of the best kiddie pools that kids will want to spend time in.
This is one of the cool kiddie pools for when you want a pool that can accommodate multiple children. This pool is big enough for at least three kids to practice their swimming skills and play different water games.
This is the best baby pool for a one-year-old child. However, their sibling of a similar age will also fit so that your kids can splash around and play together in this pool.
The Intex Inflatable Rainbow Ring Play Center Pool is the best inflatable pool for toddlers. It features bright colors and a variety of activities for kids to enjoy.
This pool features a water slide, water sprayer, wading pool, and a ring toss game. These diverse activities help kids with several developmental skills.
To use the water sprayer, just connect your water hose to the appropriate port. This helps to lubricate the slide so that your kids can do down easily. At the end of the slide is a padded area that the kids hit at the bottom for comfort.
The wading area holds a little water making it the ideal place to splash around. The ring toss game lets kids compete against each other to have fun.
Another best kiddie pool with a slide is perfect for parents who have multiple children. There are multiple areas and activities that kids can enjoy at the same time.
This is one of the best kiddie pools because it is diverse. It is also very easy to set up so that kids do not have to wait to catch ducks or splash around.
Tips on Choosing the Best Pool
There are a few tips to remember when looking at the kiddie pools that are available. This information makes it easier to narrow down your choice.
Types of Kiddie Pools
There are three primary types of kiddie pools:
- Inflatable: These are easy to put together, usually have a durable PVC material and they come in a range of sizes.
- Plastic: These only need a little water, the plastic is strong and you do not have to put them together.
- Snapset: These tend to be larger, they are easy to clean and they usually come with a patch kit for small repairs.
If your child is under one year old, a plastic pool is enough. This pool will get them used to the water and allow them to splash around to cool off.
If your child is two to five years old, an inflatable pool is often the best. These are the most diverse pools, and they often come with the most extra features for child play and development.
A snapset pool is best for kids up to age 10. These are larger and have enough space for kids to practice their swimming moves or relax on a float.
If your child tends to burn easily in the sun, you want to put at least half the pool in the shade. If there are no shade areas in your yard, look for a pool with a built-in umbrella. These umbrellas will provide at least half shade for the water.
Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Kiddie Pool
There are multiple factors to consider when you are buying a kiddie pool. Knowing more about these factors and how to evaluate them makes it easier to choose the best pool. Make sure to consider the following:
- Price: Consider your budget when you are shopping for a kiddie pool. This will help to narrow down the best options for your kids.
- Safety: Pool safety for kids is imperative. Pools with rounded or soft edges, such as with inflatable pools, are ideal since they will not cause injury if your child slips and falls and hits their body on them. Avoid pools that are metal since these can heat up in the sun or have sharp edges.
- Design: There are dozens of design options. Consider pools that have a fun feature and things for kids to do to keep them busy and learning when they are in the pool.
- Comfort: The pool should be comfortable for your child and you. Look at the materials and the layout of the pool to find the most comfortable option.
- Ease of installation: Once you get the pool home, you should be able to set it up in under an hour. Inflatable pools usually come with a pump that makes this easy. Plastic, round pools require no setup.
- Size: Consider the size of your child and the water depth that is appropriate. Regarding the length and width, your pool should have enough space for all of your children who will use it.
- Extra features: Look for extra features, such as slides, a ring toss and other activities that engage your child when they are in the pool.
- Durability: Kids grow quickly, but you want a pool that will get you through at least two summers. If you have kids of varying ages, you will want your pool to last even longer.
Kiddie Pool FAQs
When you are shopping for a kiddie pool, there are a few questions that will make the choice easier:
How Do You Warm Up a Kiddie Pool?
Learning how to keep a kiddie pool warm ensures that your kids are comfortable when they are in it. You can get a thermal tarp or cover and put it over the pool when it is not in use or you can use solar pool heaters to warm it up. This will help to keep the water at a warmer temperature, and it prevents debris from getting into the water.
Where Should You Place a Kiddie Pool?
There are three primary considerations when it comes to placing your kiddie pool:
- Do not put the kiddie pool near any adult pool in your yard since this poses the risk of young kids accidentally getting into the large pool.
- Avoid areas where sharp objects or hard ground are present. Put the pool in a grassy or sandy area.
- Make sure that the ground is flat. Steep hills will make filling it difficult and could cause the pool to slide when children are in it.
How Can You Clean a Kiddie Without Using Chemicals?
Learning how to keep a kiddie pool clean without chemicals ensures a safer pool for your child. You can usually use benign cleaners like dish soap, water or natural cleaners to remove any buildup that occurs.
Since these pools are small, it is easier to dump the water and refill it than using potentially harsh chemicals, such as chlorine.
What Ages Are Kiddie Pools Ideal For?
Most of these pools are designed for kids ages three and younger. However, there are options that work for kids up to age 10.
With these kiddie pool reviews and other pertinent information, it will be easy for you to choose the best pool for your family. With the right pool, you can rest assured that your kids have a safe and exciting place to play while cooling off from the heat of summer.
Consider the age of your kids and what they prefer. You should also look at their developmental stage. This will help to ensure that you make the right kiddie pool choice for your kids. The next step is buying the best kiddie pool for your kids to enjoy this summer.