It’s no fun only being able to enjoy your pool a few months out of the year. Whether you have a small above ground pool or larger in-ground pool, it’s an investment you deserve to enjoy anytime you want. A quality pool heater can allow you to do just that. However, with so many options out there, how do you know which one is best for you and your pool?
Well, that’s where this guide and our pool heater reviews come in. With decades of experience installing and working with every pool heater under the sun, you can rest assured you’ve come to the right place to find the best pool heater for you and your home. So, go ahead and dive right in!
- 1 Our Recommended Pool Heaters
- 2 10 Best Pool Heaters:
- 2.1 1. Pentair 460805 MasterTemp High Performance Eco-Friendly Pool Heater
- 2.2 2. Hayward H150FDN Universal H-Series Pool and Spa Heater
- 2.3 3. Raypak 017122 ELSR00111T1 11 kW 240V Electric Spa Heater
- 2.4 4. Hayward W3H400FDN Universal H-Series
- 2.5 5. Hayward W3H250FDN Universal H-Series 250,000 BTU Pool and Spa Heater
- 2.6 6. Sta-Rite SR400NA Max-E-Therm Natural Gas Pool Heater
- 2.7 7. Fibropool Electric Heat Pump
- 2.8 8. Pentair 460732 MasterTemp Natural Gas Pool Heater
- 2.9 9. Smartpool WWS601P SunHeater Solar Pool Heater
- 2.10 10. Hayward HP50HA HeatPro Titanium Heat Pump, Horizontal
- 3 How to Choose the Best Pool Heater: Factors to Consider
- 4 Types of Pool Heaters
- 5 Above Ground vs In-Ground Pool Heaters
- 6 Pool Heater vs Heat Pump
- 7 Making the Decision
Our Recommended Pool Heaters
- Our Rating:
- 400,000 BTU natural gas pool heater
Compact and quiet heater for pool or spa
Certified for low Nitrogen Oxide emissions; tough, rust-proof exterior
- Our Rating:
- 150,000 BTU natural gas pool and spa heater
Compact and very easy to install
First-class titanium heat exchanger
10 Best Pool Heaters:
Making the Decision
A quality pool heater can improve your lifestyle and allow you to get the most out of your backyard oasis. However, since different people live in different climates and have different needs, it’s important to use what you just learned to select the right pool heater for you and your pool.
From heat pumps and gas pool heaters to solar and electric pool heaters, there are several different types of pool heaters out there to choose from and dozens of different models all vying for your hard-earned buck. Fortunately for you, you now know more about pool heaters than some technicians, which should make choosing the best one for you and your pool much less daunting.
Whether you want a cheap pool heater for an above ground pool or have a sizable budget and an in-ground pool, one of the excellent pool heaters above is sure to be a great fit for your budget and needs. All you have left to do is pick one out.
Before you do, however, do yourself a favor and avoid the temptation of buying the cheapest pool heater you come across. It may be tempting to save a buck, but you’ll likely spend more down the line and suffer plenty of frustration along the way.
Winter’s right around the corner, so consider your needs, but what you’ve just learned to use, and scroll back up this page to pick out a proven pool heater today!