Pool maintenance only goes so far with an automatic pool cleaner. Robotic cleaners can also make a pool worse if it’s already in bad shape. When targeting algae and debris, the best thing to do is manually vacuum your pool.
The issue with vacuuming begins when you’re not sure which vacuum head is best. That’s why we’ve researched and became experts on picking the right vacuum head for swimming pools.
We’ve compared features including head width, wheels, and ease of use to find the top pool vacuum head out there. It is important to have the best pool vacuum head because it will make pool cleaning faster and more efficient. This resource has the information to ensure that you purchase the best pool head.
We’ve also included swimming pool vacuum head reviews to make your decision easier.
- 1 Our Recommended Poll Vaccum Heads
- 2 10 Best Pool Vacuum Heads on the Market:
- 2.1 1. Milliard 14” Flexible Spa and Pool Vacuum Head
- 2.2 2. Swimline Weighted Flex Vacuum Head
- 2.3 3. Milliard Sea-Thru Triangle Weighted Pool and Spa Vacuum Head
- 2.4 4. HydroTools by Swimline Weighted Half Moon Pool Vacuum Head
- 2.5 5. Milliard Extra-Wide 19″ Heavy-Duty Flexible Pool and Spa Vacuum Head
- 2.6 6. Milliard Pool and Spa Vacuum Head
- 2.7 7. HydroTools by Swimline Clear Weighted Triangle Pool Vacuum Head
- 2.8 8. Pentair R201286 222 Pro Vac Series Residential and Commercial Pool Vacuums
- 2.9 9. U.S. Pool Supply Flexible 12″ Weighted Pool Vacuum Head
- 2.10 10. Fibropool Professional Flexible Swimming Pool Vacuum Head
- 3 Tips on Choosing the Best Pool Vacuum Heads
- 4 Factors To Consider When Buying The Best Pool Vacuum Head
- 5 Making The Decision
Our Recommended Poll Vaccum Heads
- Our Rating:
- Flexible plastic body curves to the pool floor to keep constant suction on the area being cleaned
Weights keep the vacuum head at the bottom of the pool, and free-rolling wheels keep it from scratching or scraping on delicate surfaces
- Our Rating:
- Weighted vacuum-head attachment for concrete pool cleaning systems
Extra-wide 14-inch head; weighted head helps it stay submerged
10 Best Pool Vacuum Heads on the Market:
Tips on Choosing the Best Pool Vacuum Heads
These are important for moving across the pool floor while you clean. Aim for wheels with ball bearings to keep your movements effortless. These wheels are safe for pool floors and the bearings will take on all the weight and keep the wheels working well.
Depending on the design of the pool you’re cleaning, you will want a flexible head to get to the hard to reach places. The more flexible the better.
- Compatibility With Hoses
Aim for standard parts compatibility if you already have your own accessory attachments. You could also opt to purchase a head that has a suggested list of attachments, but that will be more expensive.
- Customer Reviews
Make sure to read customer reviews to see how well products have worked for others. Certain pools have different effects on vacuums and some vacuums don’t work well for certain pool designs.
Factors To Consider When Buying The Best Pool Vacuum Head
Broad vacuum heads will allow you to cover more surface at a time, but they will need more strength to push around. Smaller vacuum heads that cover less area will require less effort but take longer to clean large sections. Base your width choice on your physical ability to drag and also the amount of room you have to store a large width vacuum.
The shape of the vacuum head you choose should be based on the shape of your pool. If you have a lot of curves you might do better with a triangular designed vacuum head. If you prefer square, look for a vacuum head with lots of flexibility to hit crevices and corners.
Think about your choice of plastic and steel. The steel handle is stronger and won’t crack, but the plastic will not corrode and will be resistant to chemicals.
Think about how much you’re willing to spend on your pool vacuum and which features you’re willing to be ok without. The more your vacuum head can do, the more your vacuum will cost.
Making The Decision
You are now equipped with enough information about pool vacuum heads to make your purchase. Always start off with being realistic about what your needs are and then narrowing down your options. You need something that cleans quickly, has flexibility, and doesn’t take much effort to function.
Remember to read customer reviews. Previous customers have already taken the chance on these products and have been kind enough to encourage or warn us about our purchase.
Look for the reviews directly related to your ideal pool vacuum and then see if you can find a review from someone with a similar pool.
Once you’re even more confident in the right pool vacuum make a decision and invest in better pool cleaning today!