Not to pour cold water on late-summer recreation but the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) issues annual advisories relating to swimming pool hygiene and water-borne diseases. While public pools are particularly vulnerable, backyard basins are of no less concern. Of course, chlorine (or salt) goes a long way in killing unhealthy microbes and other organisms. Still, sediment and debris accumulate on the sides and at the bottom, posing their own chemical threats to swimmers.
Pressure side pool cleaners address this problem by attaching to the return side of the water circulation route. In so doing, they collect deposits while redistributing clean water throughout the entire pool.
While some cleaners are powered directly by the pool pump, the best pressure side pool cleaners are attached to a supplemental booster pump. Outstanding among them is the Polaris Vac-Sweep 280. This device rates are consistently high among the best pressure side pool cleaner reviews.
- 1 Our Recommended Pressure Side Pool Cleaners
- 2 5 Best Pressure Side Pool Cleaners:
- 2.1 1. Polaris Vac-Sweep 280 Pressure Pool Cleaner
- 2.2 2. Pentair LL505PMG Kreepy Krauly Platinum automatic pool cleaner
- 2.3 3. Hayward TVP500C TriVac 500 Pressure Cleaner
- 2.4 4. Polaris Vac-Sweep 3900 Sport pressure side pool cleaner
- 2.5 5. Pentair 360228 Kreepy Krauly Racer Pressure-Side Inground Pool Cleaner
- 3 Making the Decision
Our Recommended Pressure Side Pool Cleaners
- Our Rating:
- Ready to connect to 1.5-inch dedicated pressure cleaner line
Includes 31-feet of feed hose.Vacuum Inlet:2.25 inches
Palletized in multiples of 16 units ;TailSweep PRO Compatibility-YES
- Our Rating:
- It's the ideal choice for in ground pools exposed to higher loads of leaves and debris
Maximum power for speed and suction so most pools are cleaned in just 1-3 hours
Front-wheel drive and heavily treaded tires provide maximum traction on inclined surfaces
- Our Rating:
- Unique Backup system allowing the cleaner to clean more and turn faster
Unique extra large Bag and opening system for easy maintenance and debris removal
Large Suction inlet combine with the three high pressure water jets allowed larger debris pickup
5 Best Pressure Side Pool Cleaners:
Making the Decision
Readers will note that our pick for the best cleaner is not the one with the most jets. Many factors go into selecting the best-performing side pool cleaner, power being but one. Mobility, construction, efficiency, and simplicity are also highly prized among pool owners.
Choosing the best cleaner means to first prioritize those properties, and then making the purchase according to the highest concerns. Doing so will maximize satisfaction and minimize disappointment.