Pool maintenance can be a time-consuming thing to do, more so when one doesn’t have the proper tools to keep it clean and sanitary. Not that it’s hard, but more from the fact that heavy usage requires filtration that can be costly in funds. After going through multiple pool filtration systems, I’ve found that the best method to maintain pool cleanliness while keeping electrical expenses down is by using a variable speed pump.
Variable means that you can control the speed of filtration, to the point where it runs slowly or fast, all based on the user’s wishes. The best variable speed pool pump products are featured below, picked for durability, pumping, and ease of control. The best unit from the list is shown at the end, so stick around to see which product you think will come out on top. Let’s get started!
- 1 Our Top Recommended Variable Speed Pool Pumps
- 2 10 Top Variable Speed Pool Pumps:
- 2.1 1. Hayward SP2610X15 Super Pump HP Pool Pump
- 2.2 2. Pentair 011018 IntelliFlo
- 2.3 3. Pentair 342001
- 2.4 4. XtremepowerUS 2HP Inground Pool Pump 220V Dual Speed
- 2.5 5. Hayward SP2303VSP MaxFlo VS Variable-Speed
- 2.6 6. Hayward SP15932S PowerFlo Matrix Dual-Speed
- 2.7 7. XtremepowerUS Variable Speed in & Above Ground Pool Pump
- 2.8 8. Pentair 011524 WhisperFlo High Performance Energy Efficient Two Speed
- 2.9 9. Harris In-Ground VS Variable Speed Swimming Pool Pumps
- 2.10 10. Blue Torrent Inground Pool Pump
- 3 Variable Speed Pumps Info
- 4 Factors to Consider When Buying Best Variable Speed Pool Pump
- 5 Variable Speed Pool Pump FAQs
- 6 Summary
Our Top Recommended Variable Speed Pool Pumps
- Our Rating:
- Horsepower: 1.5 HP
Shipping Weight: 39 pounds
Basket: 110-cubic inch
- Our Rating:
- Horsepower: 3 HP
Shipping Weight 47.5 pounds
8 programmable speed settings
10 Top Variable Speed Pool Pumps:
So which product from above is the best variable speed pool pump? The Hayward SP2610X15 has everything that you’ll need to keep your pool clean for years to come. While the filter rate and basket capacity are outstanding, there are other brands that perform better in conserving energy (such as the two-speed Pentair 011524).
If you stick to the products shown, there’s no bad choice that you can make. Your pool will look and feel clean at all times.