Keeping your pool clear of debris is a real chore with handheld vacuums, brushes or skimmers. Regular cleaning is vital, however, to keep your pool invitingly crystal clear and avoid stressing other pool components such as the skimmers, filters, pumps and so on.
Sure, you could spend money hiring a pro to take on this unavoidable task or you might consider switching to a quality robotic pool cleaner. The best Polaris pool cleaner avoids the hassle of pool cleaning by automatically sucking up leaves, pebbles and other debris from the bottom and walls of your pool. These cleaners require minimal maintenance and are highly energy-efficient.
Check out our Polaris 280 pool cleaner review below to understand why this cleaner is a tremendous value and time-saver for home pool owners.
Polaris Robotic Vac-Sweep 280
The Polaris 280 pool cleaner with booster pump effortlessly removes large and small debris, such as leaves, acorns, pebbles, algae and sediment. The result is sparkling pool water and reduced maintenance of your pool’s filtration system.
The 280 easily adapts to any pool size. The lead line is lengthened or shortened using a box cutter and perhaps an extra hand-tightened swivel connector.
While many robotic pool cleaners get stuck in pool corners or near stairs, the Polaris 280 has a nifty backup valve that periodically shoots a jet of water to back it away from obstacles or corners.
Regardless of your pool’s surface – tile, concrete or vinyl – the Polaris 280 efficiently cleans the bottom and sides without scuffing or scratches. You can forget about difficult hand scrubbing of walls in the deep end.
- Dimensions – 20 x 23 x 10 inches
- Weight – 6.2 lbs.
- Connection – 1.5-inch pressure sideline
- Feed hose – 31 feet long plus floats
- Typical cleaning time – 3 hours or less
- Compact, rugged and lightweight pressure pool cleaner
- Two-hour runs daily to keep your in-ground pool sparkling
- Quick disconnect fitting for your pool’s side jet
- Low-maintenance, easy disassembly
- Superior rugged gear-driven mechanics
- Powerful intake using dual Venturi jet vacuum
- Sweep tail action is easily adjustable
- Single chamber filter bag available in standard or fine mesh
- Never trapped in tight places thanks to the Inline back-up valve
Outstanding Hassle-Free Performance and Value
Polaris has been making quality pool cleaners for over 40 years. The Polaris 280 pool sweep cleaner reflects their decades of knowledge and expertise. It is durable, reliable and performs better than many more expensive cleaners.
The Polaris 280 has been engineered to provide thorough debris and sediment cleaning plus easy maintenance. Everything is adjustable such as line floats, amount of pressure, backup valve force, tail action and feed line length. It’s easy to customize its operation to any size or shape of pool.
Polaris Pool Cleaner Operation and Maintenance Quick Guide
Always keep a copy of your Polaris 280 Owner’s Manual handy for detailed instructions on operation and maintenance.
Polaris 280 Automatic Pool Cleaner Operating Tips
- The pool’s filter pump should turn on before or simultaneously with the booster pump
- Start with a 2-hour run time and lengthen or shorten it after observing how clean the pool is
- Always disconnect the Polaris from the pool wall before a pool filter backwash
- Adjust the length of the lead line to match pool size and side-pressure outlet position
- Equally space the line floats
- If tangles occur frequently, add one or more swivel joints in the line
- If wheel RPM is under 28, remove the blue pressure constrictor in the quick connect
- If wheel RPM is over 32, replace the blue constrictor with the red one
- If the sweep tail is squirting above the water line, lower tail pressure
- Adjust the thrust jet position for optimum wall climbing ability
- Replace the standard mesh bag with a fine mesh bag if you see sediment after a clean cycle
Polaris Suction Side Pool Cleaner Maintenance
- When your Polaris 280 pool cleaner arrives, inspect the package for missing parts
- It’s a good idea to order a couple of swivel joints when ordering the cleaner
- If you notice the backup valve is constantly shooting water, it needs replacing
- If the Polaris 280 ever falls on its side, adjust or replace its float
- Remove and rinse the filter bag when it becomes dirty or full
- Replace the tires whenever the edges become rounded
- Regularly inspect and clean as necessary the filter screen inside the quick connect
Should problems occur that are not covered here, refer to your Polaris 280 Manual’s troubleshooting section.
Make the Decision to Buy the Best Robotic Pool Cleaner Today
After reading this Polaris 280 pool cleaner review, you know more than most pool cleaner shoppers. You are well-equipped to appreciate the most important operating and convenience features and decide for yourself which are the most valuable.
The 280 is simply the best Polaris pool cleaner or even the best automatic pool cleaner bar none for the vast majority of residential pool owners. Once set up, purchasers are impressed with how easy pool maintenance becomes and how long the 280 lasts with simple, periodic maintenance they perform themselves.
Imagine the many more pleasant activities besides sweeping and scrubbing out the pool you will be able to pursue. Buy one today. It is a decision you will never regret.