Getting ready to make your backyard into a dream staycation? When considering what type of pool system you want to install, consider a salt water pool. What is a salt water pool? It’s a filtration system that uses electrolysis to create chlorine to disinfect the water. Instead of adding chlorine, you add salt.
Don’t expect the water to be as salty as the ocean. Salt water Pools have only one-tenth of the salinity of seawater. What you can expect is crystal clear water that’s easy on the skin and eyes. Your pool water will feel softer and you’ll feel refreshed after your swim.
- 1 What is a Salt Water Pool?
- 2 How to Convert Pool to Salt Water
- 3 Best Salt water Pool System:
- 3.1 1. Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump for Above Ground Pools
- 3.2 1. Hayward Goldine AQR9 AquaRite Electronic Salt Chlorination System
- 3.3 3. Pentair 520555 IntelliChlor IC40 Salt Chlorine Generator Cell
- 3.4 4. Solaxx CLG10A Saltron Retro Self Cleaning Salt Chlorine Generator
- 3.5 5. ControlOMatic ChlorMaker Salt water Chlorine Generation System
- 3.6 5. Circupool SJ-40 Salt Water Chlorine Generator
- 4 How Much Salt to add to Pool
- 5 Making The Decision
Making The Decision
We have answered the question, what is a salt water pool, and described the benefits of switching from a traditional chlorination system. If heavily chlorinated pools bother you, consider the softer, kinder, and cleaner option of a salt water system.
While a salt water pool system still does use chlorine, salt is converted to chlorine and it is generated in smaller amounts. The switch from chlorine to salt is simple. The result is a teardrop salty flavored water that you can swim in and enjoy all summer without the use of harsh and toxic chemicals.