Some of the links in this article may be affiliate links, which can compensate us at no cost to you.
Zodiac G3 Automatic Suction-Side Pool Cleaner Vacuum for In-ground Pools
Zodiac G3 Automatic Highlights:
- Quiet, powerful suction cleaner designed for in-ground pools
- Cleans pool floor, walls, and steps
- FlowKeeper Valve regulates water flow for peak cleaning with lower horsepower pumps
- Long-life diaphragm uses reliable one-moving-part technology
- 36-Fin Disc provides maximum adhesion to avoid getting stuck
- Durable, scuff-resistant hoses
- Strong suction power and efficient cleaning ability based on customer reviews
- Cleans entire pool, including floors, walls, and steps
- FlowKeeper Valve provides consistent performance even with lower HP pumps
- Long-life diaphragm is durable and simple, with no flappers/gears
- Hoses are scuff-resistant and suitable for all pool surfaces
- It may get stuck on main drains or other fittings if not installed properly
- Hoses may tangle or get twisted
- It is not designed for large debris like leaves or sticks
Customers say about Zodiac G3 Automatic:
- Easy to assemble and maintain
- Provides a thorough cleaning of all pool surfaces
- Great value for the price
The Zodiac G3 is a powerful, highly-rated suction pool cleaner ideal for in-ground pools. It efficiently cleans the entire pool while regulating water flow to maintain peak performance. The durable construction and simple, reliable design make it a great choice for hassle-free pool maintenance.
Zodiac G3 Automatic Pool Cleaner (FAQ)
Can Zodiac G3 be used on above ground pool?
The Zodiac G3 is designed for in-ground pools only. Its wheel deflector enables it to clean tight corners and contours of in-ground pools. For above ground pools, Zodiac recommends the Baracuda G3 W03000 as it is engineered to handle the square shape and flat bottom of above ground pools.
Is Zodiac and BARACUDA the same?
The same parent company, Zodiac Pool Systems, owns Zodiac and BARACUDA. BARACUDA is one of their leading pool cleaner brands. So, while Zodiac and BARACUDA operate as separate brands, they are under the same company.
Why is my barracuda not moving?
If your Barracuda pool cleaner is not moving, first check that the hoses are not twisted, kinked, or obstructed. Ensure the filter bag is not full, which can inhibit proper water flow. Check that all wheels spin freely and are not jammed by debris. Confirm water flow and suction power from the pump are adequate. The hoses may also need to be replaced if they are leaking.
How long does a Zodiac pool cleaner last?
A Zodiac pool cleaner can last 5-10 years with proper maintenance. Replace worn items like hoses, bearings, and seals regularly. Store the unit properly over winter. Ensure proper water flow, and do not run the pump without water circulation. This optimizes the life of your Zodiac pool cleaner.
Can I leave my Zodiac pool cleaner in the pool?
Zodiac recommends removing the pool cleaner from the pool when not in use. Leaving it in for extended periods can cause hoses to become stiff, brittle, or tangled. It also allows the bearings to dry out. Remove from the pool after each use and store out of direct sunlight.